Friday, September 21, 2007

Ruger Mark II 22/45 Bull Barrel

This is actually Kim's pistol. She loves it! I bought it for her as a starter pistol, so she could learn to shoot a 1911. Unfortunately she can't stand the kick of my 1911, so she is sticking with the 22/45 for now.

The gun itself functions flawlessly with CCI Mini-Mags. You can shoot it all day long with no problems. It is also a very accurate pistol. It just hits were you aim. I personally like the traditional Mark I/II/III grip angle better, but this one does simulate the 1911 very well. The plastic grip is kind of subpar IMO, but it does not affect the functioning of the pistol at all. The bull barrel, undoubtedly contributes to the accuracy, as well as making the gun a pleasure to point.

Overall I would buy it again for her. At some point I will buy a Mark II Hunter for myself.

Manufacturers Website:
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Pics:


Links:

Specs:
Caliber:.22 LR
Capacity:10 Rounds
Finish:Blued
Grip:Black Synthetic
Barrel Length:5 1/2"
Groove:6
Twist:1:16" RH
Overall Length:9 1/2"
Weight:2 lbs
California Approved:Yes
Massachusetts Approved:Yes
Front Sight(s):Fixed
Rear Sight(s):Adjustable