Thursday, September 20, 2007

Henry H003TM

This gun is just flat out fun to shoot! I am a big fan of Henry's rifles. They are a family-owned company that makes some good quality guns at pretty affordable prices. This octagon-barreled beauty was a gift from my dear fiancée for Christmas 2006. It was an accidental purchase. I asked for a lever action .22 Mag, and Wal Mart shipped this gun instead. She must have ordered it, as it costs about $200 more than their bottom of the line lever WMR gun.

She was so upset when she realized it was not the right gun Christmas morning. We discussed taking it back, and decided to. I spent the rest of the day looking at the gun and handling it. Man this little guy sure does point nice! The short stroke on the pump is a bit weird, but it sure is comfortable! That octagon barrel, nice sights, and pretty wood sure are neat! After fondling it all day, I decided to keep it. I am so glad I did. It is a joy to plink around with.

The gun is more accurate than I am. I am fairly certain that it would do some really nice groups at 100 yards or more with a scope on it. I will never put one on it though.

Henry rifles are not fine bespoke guns by any means. They are affordable reminders of our past history however. The company has captured the nostalgia of the old American west so many of us are infatuated with. You can get into a standard lever action .22 from them for less than $250. The action they have created is incredibly smooth for the price. This is not a Marlin Golden 39a, but it is in my opinion the next best thing. My pump WMR will not be the last gun I purchase from Henry.

The company's customer service is second to none. Emails from the company president are not uncommon, and I hear he answers the phone quite a bit as well. They seem to go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy with their purchase.

Henry's trifecta of good quality, good value, and good service make them a winner.

Manufacturer's Website:
Henry Repeating Arms

Pics:


Links:

Specs:
Model: H003TM
Action Type: Pump
Caliber: .22 Magnum
Capacity: 12 rounds
Barrel Length: 20 1/2"
Length: 38 1/2" Overall
Weight: 6 lbs.
Stock: American Walnut
Sights: Fully adjustable rear, beaded front
Receiver: Grooved for scope mount
Finish: Blued barrel and receiver