Saturday, May 5, 2007

Caffeine and Sugar Only Go So Far

Well, as many of you may have guessed, I have been a busy beaver this week. There has been no time to blog at all. I am codemonkey! It has been some time since my body has sat in front of a computer screen for more than 12 hours straight writing God-forsaken Java code. It hasn't been long enough unfortunately.

It all started Wednesday or so. My Overlords decided that all the changes I had left for a project that has been ongoing for over a year, just had to be done this week. Their way of expressing authority I guess. Typical manager move really. They have no clue what it takes to make this stuff, so they just guess, or don't care.

Anyway so I look at what is left and figure it is probably a weeks worth of work. I have three days. OK, this sucks, but it is doable. Unfortunately the users of this application have been sitting on their asses instead of testing it, so up until yesterday at 4:30, the project coordinator was still recieving modification requests.

My wonderful manager decides Thursday that we will accept all modification through Friday, and "You will just have to work this weekend a little." She said she would see me here this morning! LOL! I got a call from her at 6:00 PM from her soccer game she was watching. Typical.

Anyway so I have been coding at least 12 hours a day since Wednesday and it sucks. I am to old for this bullshit. Other people's lazyness should not result in me being the only schmoe working all weekend.

Oh well, I am a coder, and it comes with the territory. Just needed to whine for a couple minutes.